did you see that guy jim?

This area is for general non-family specific postings.
chelsea orr

did you see that guy jim?

Post by chelsea orr » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:54 pm

hey jim thorne~~~
i just wanted to say that i had a wonderful night with your cousins matt and scott. they are so much fun. They really know how to show a girl a good time...as does their little cousin jimmy!!! i hope i'll have more opportunities to get to know the people who are important to you jim. i just want you to know that i couldn't stop smiling all night. you're such a great guy.(can't wait to come to watch you race on tuesday. you'll beat everyone. you always do!) ~~~Happiness~~~
CHELSEA

-IcE-

Post by -IcE- » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:10 pm

you dont really want to know jim... trust me =P we (justin and scot) will have to enlighten you with more jim stories... i am sure he has already shared some with you. On another note... i will have to get ashley on here.
Justin

Scott

Don't listen to Justin...

Post by Scott » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:28 pm

Don't listen to Justin, you WANT to get to know Jimmy you guys make a great couple. Matt and I had a great time hanging out with you guys the other night. We especially liked your comment about how the glass blowing guy kept from burning his beard as he worked on his camel that looked like a dog. That was too funny.

Maybe we will see you at Jim's races on Tuesday.

It is nice to see you on http://www.kraftfam.com.
:bluedance
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

JimThorne

Happiness

Post by JimThorne » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:30 pm

Dear Family,

Tonight was a very special night for me. I broke a record in the mile running a 4:20. Then continued to win two more races. Our team won the meet, I asked Chelsea to Prom, and she said yes, and my family was there to cheer me on. I was very happy that some of the people I care for most in the world came to see this great achievement.you guys are great ( Scott, Matt, Chelsea). Justin you should bring Ashly up spring break Chelsea with be in Brianhead with me.

Chelsea, Im glad that you said yes to Prom and I know you'll have a great time, next time watch out for the official when you give me a hug for my victory, I almost got DQed. I'll see you tomorrow Chelsea at Bible studies. Miss you already.
"Gotta Run......."

Jim Thorne

-IcE-

Post by -IcE- » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:38 am

Jim,
I dont know how my spring break will go right now... currently i am schedualed to go to Oregon on the 18th(the friday before spring breack is over) ans stay there till sunday. I think it would be alot of fun to bring ashley up there, but im not sure i will even be able to make it. She has now signed up for the fourms, so hopefully she will put some input as to whether or not she would even be allowed to go.
Justin

Scott

What a night is right!

Post by Scott » Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:16 am

What a night Jimmy. Matt and I could not believe it. We saw the entire crowd stand up and start chearing when you actually lapped some of the runners. I have never seen a coach so happy in my life!

It was great being there to see you break such a long standing record. I am waiting for the papers to come out to see how they handle your fame. It was good seeing Chelsea again and her friend Rachael. It is too bad they could not stay for the rest of your races. I hope you can bring her to Brian Head.

I can not believe you actually warm up for the mile by running 4 miles and you don't even break a sweat. You are an amazing kid Jimmy, and we are proud to be your family.

You are headed for some great times in College just like "Pre".

:bluedance :yellowdan :reddance:
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

JimThorne

Mile

Post by JimThorne » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:07 am

This is Jeff Doyle. I've been Jim's coach for the past couple years. I really wanted to meet you guys last night, but I had to work my other job. It's been killing me to not coach Jim his senior year, but he has learned well and continues to learn more. I am proud of what he is doing now with his life. I am confident he will continue to find successes in college and beyond. He can achieve the other three goals he's had for this year- win State in the mile, set the 2 mile state record, and break 4:20 at Arcadia! GREAT JOB JIM. I'm with you in spirit all the way. Looking forward to, Arcadia!!! - DOYLE
"Gotta Run......."

Jim Thorne

JohnInman

Post by JohnInman » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:01 am

:yellowdan :bluedance :reddance: I just can't get over it 4:20!!! Did anyone get a video of the race. I would love to get a copy.
Gotta go to work
C ya
John

Matt

History in the making

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:11 pm

What a sight !

Jim is just so cool and natural.

Like Pre.

Like Jimi Hendrix doin' his thing.

Holistic, transcedant, everything lined up.

It just is what it is, and it's great !

The world is yours Jim !
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

JimThorne

Thanks for everyones support

Post by JimThorne » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:39 pm

Thanks for being so supportive of my 4:20, having Matt, Scott, and Chelsea there meant alot. But this weekend at Huntington Beach I set another record. This time it was in the two mile. I ran a 9:38.8 two mile then a half an hour later ran a 4:24 mile, just 4 seconds off my record and still tired from the two mile record I had just set. The old two mile record was a 9:51.4 set by Mike Hyte in 1995. The news paper and Nevada Track made me athlete of the week out of all the sports going on in Nevada, they thought my two records in one week were very note worthy. Once again thanks for your support and I hope to see you at my graduation on June 11, 2003. Also Scott about Spring break the days we were planning on coming up are April 14th at night-18th at night when we will leave after a day of skiing. The names of the people going are Chelsea, Laura, Nick, Robbie, Dino, Dan, myself, and possibly Rich, Lauren, Dan, and Doyle, for a day or two. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Scott, the SUU coach called me today and said he is thrilled about my times and also said that he is glad that he recruited me, and so far I am his top recruitment at SUU.
"Gotta Run......."

Jim Thorne

Scott

Congratulations Jim

Post by Scott » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:16 am

That is great Jimmy. As for your planned Brian Head trip I don't see it on the calendar so it is NOT booked. That is a very busy week so I would suggest you nail down your plans and calendar them so I can coordinate.

I think it would be great to have you and your friends, so schedule it!

p.s. thanks for the phone call after your track meet, it was good you were thinking of us and we were all glad to hear how well you did.

Matt and I are now training as we have to "walk" (can't run or jog) 3 miles with a 45 lb weighted vest on in 45 minutes or less as part of our "wild fire" fire fighters certification. We can walk fast but one foot must remain on the ground at all times. We are going to do it in Parowan at the track.