medical redshirt

This area is for general non-family specific postings.
JimThorne

medical redshirt

Post by JimThorne » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:55 pm

hey family,

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted anything. I have some bad news......On Monday while running 800s at a 2:15 pace and leading the pack, my knee went out. The trainers say Ill only be out for a short while. apparentlly I have developed tendinitus in my right and left knee, and there is some fluid in my right knee which allowed it to give out so easily. I got scolded for not having reported the pain in my knees that developed in August. I just thought it would get better and i could just run through it like in high school. Well division one athletics is a whole new ball game. The good news is that I am getting a medical redshirt and I should be ready to run for the Indoor track season this winter. My scholarship is still intact and my coach still tells me everyday that Ill put is school on the map. all I have to do is get through this rough spot and then there will be nothing that can stop me from running a 3:58 mile in the next couple of years.
"Gotta Run......."

Jim Thorne

Matt

You will do it!

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:42 am

Overcoming this type of thing is what makes Champions who they are.

You are a Champion and you will get past this and anything else the presents itself.

I want to be there for the 3:58 and beyond !

Thanks for posting, keep us in the loop.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!