Matt on the road

This area is for general non-family specific postings.
Matt

Matt on the road

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:40 pm

I am in Las Vegas, on the way to take the UT Plumbers exam.

This is where I will document my trip.

So far. so good ! Up at 2 am to head for Salt Lake City in the morning. This will be a life changing event !

More later.

Love to all

MattDawgg
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

Scott

I just spoke with Matt

Post by Scott » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:41 pm

He arrived around noon at the study course and got right to work. All went well and he got a lot of support from the staff. He checked into his hotel around 6pm and was happy to find "24" on his TV. He said there is alot to study but seemed very positive with the progress. He is staying in or very near Salt Lake City, and driving 10 miles to the study course each day. That is all I know so far. He is working on finding a place to get on line. I will post more later when I here from him.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

Margie

Matt on the road

Post by Margie » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:42 am

Hi Matt, Wasn't "24" great last night? Who can study with a program like that competing for your attention! We're all rooting for you and proud that you're making things happen. You go, guy! Love ya, Aunt Margie
Love each other - and me - Margie

wildrose

Good Luck Matt

Post by wildrose » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:35 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOO close and yet so far..........was it meant to be??

Just keep doing your thing because no one can do like you.

:bluedance :yellowdan :reddance:

Buz

3 rules

Post by Buz » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:51 pm

All the plumbers I know only have 3 rules, hot on left, flow goes down hill and the eagle shits on Friday. Now that your in good shape, your trowsers must be right for plenty of crack on the ol Plumbers Butt.

Good Luck cuz!
:nice:

Matt

Still Plugging away...

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:21 am

...Thanks for all the good vibes !

I passed the written, flunked the Practical.

I ran into a problem I had not been prepared for, and drew a blank ! So close ant yet so far.

I can (and will) re-take the exam in two months.

What a let-down, buy it won't stop me.

In the long run it will all work out ok.

Love to all

Matt
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

Margie

Wheee, 1 down, 1 to go!!! Yay!!!

Post by Margie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:21 pm

Hi Matt: Congratulations on passing the written. That's fabulous. Even more congratulations on your perseverance and dedication to finish up the practical. You'll get there, of course. How great to have one part done with so that you can concentrate on the practical and hit the unexpected part. Two months practice can take you all the way!! Love it!!

Richie's Miramonte Football team played their championship game at the Oakland Coliseum before thousands of fans, and they won 36 to 12! The are now the State Champions in their division, so Richie finished up his high school football career (only one loss the whole four years!) with a bang. He played the best he's ever played, with the announcer calling out his name about 10 times. Wow, we were just bustin' out with pride! Now if he can just get into college...only wants to go where he can play good football, of course.

Matt - hang in there, but then I know you will. We're all jumping for joy that you've got the written behind you. Scott has told us what a hard, tough exam Utah's exam is and you've done great. Hey, it took JFK, Jr. about 3 times to pass the bar exam, and I remember his saying he'll take it as many times as it takes to pass it, saying "I won't stop until I do". Moral of the story: Don't fly your own airplane in the fog and dark. Whaddyamean there's no connection? Love, Your crazy Aunt Margie
Love each other - and me - Margie

Buz

Keep Pluggin

Post by Buz » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:36 pm

Keep Pluggin Matt - Like your avator. I guess three rules and a little crack dosn't cut it any more in the plumbing trade. YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES MATT - KEEP IT UP. Hope to see you in Feb with licence in hand.
Love you Cuz!
Buz

ps Congrats to Richie - wish I was there

wildrose

Congrats!!

Post by wildrose » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:44 am

Congrats on the written, Matt. The Matt I know and love will NEVER let anything stop him and you are in good company. Remember time is on your side.

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...snowing, so I thought of you.

Did anyone ever tell you YOU are awesome!!:kiss:

:bluedance

Scott

Matt and the snow storm

Post by Scott » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:05 pm

Matt is up in Brian Head!

I just spoke with Matt on the phone. It has snowed over 1 foot in that last day, and he is snowed in. Microwave link is down, so he has NO internet. He can't drive due to snow, but has 789 DVD's to choose from, 500 plus channels on the Satellite and 11 TV's to choose from and plenty of food.

He is already working on his revised plan to pass the practical test and is getting help from Southern Utah University.

Matt is opening up the house doing all the winter prep getting it ready for Xmas. I wish I could be there to watch him assemble the 618 piece xmas tree. When we arrive from CA it should be all ready.

Jimmy and friends came to ski and visit Matt this last Sat & Sun. Matt said he plans on attending the numerious Brian Head Xmas parties, and fire fighter events.

Justin may be up there in a few days rather than driving to CA.
:bluedance
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

Matt

Thanks to all!

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:02 am

I really needed the positive encouragement !

The part that threw me shuld not be too hard to fix.

I do feel a little snowed in, but there is a lot to do!

Love to all

Matt