Matt on the road

This area is for general non-family specific postings.
Margie

Hi Snowed-in Matt,

Post by Margie » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:59 pm

I'll bet if you tell the Contractor's Board that you can put together one of those 618 piece trees, they'll waive the test! Of course, it's like being able to type well - you don't let anyone know your talent, as then you'll be called upon the rest of your life! Thinking about you - always! Love ya, Aunt Margie

P.S. Love your gee-tar playing logo!
Love each other - and me - Margie

Matt

Haven't gotten to the tree yet.

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:47 pm

I have some ground to cover before that next test. I see that stuff in my dreams, it haunts me.

That was really a bad time in life to come away with that outcome.

I am thinking fondly of you guys.

That helps keep me going. I have not failed because I have not stopped moving forward.

Love to all

Matt
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

Matt

The logo is cool.

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:49 pm

Some day I will resume that dream.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

wildrose

catch the dream..

Post by wildrose » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:33 am

You never fail until you fail to try.
:bluedance :yellowdan :reddance:

Margie

Guitar dreams

Post by Margie » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:44 am

The "someday" in which you'll fulfill your getting-back-to-music dreams are right around the corner. A few month's time of hard, haunting study will pass and then you're home free. I can just picture you strumming away with that cute Matt smile on your face! You're taking the proper steps to get to where you want to be, and that's the main thing. Hang in there, chin up, and all that sort of stuff. We're all rooting for you, and no matter how it all goes, you're the best!!!

Your dad arrives today and will stay until January 7. Can't wait to see him. He'll be taking a flamenco guitar lesson from Mariano while here. Take care - don't eat any yellow snow. Love you, Aunt Margie
Love each other - and me - Margie

Matt

You said it !

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:24 pm

I hope Pops is there and in fine spirits. Ask him to post.

The real nitty gritty of The Comeback Trail is that you must fight from a non-optimum position in order to make ones self whole.

Struggles that will once again seem minimal appear to be monumental, daunting tasks.

It is in deed easier to live at the height of ones power than to overcome and reverse momentum to procede in a new direction.

All of which gets better every day.

But it is still a challenge.

Love to all

MattDawgg

Uncle Kenneth

Pops to Matt

Post by Uncle Kenneth » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:48 am

Hi Matt! I am luxuriating at Chez Margie and sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night! Wow! It feels like a new man to clear the brain that way!! Sleep is for the brain, not the body.
Regarding your posting, the key is not to fight it. With those emotional obstacles, we win by surrendering and the power is taken out of those obstacles. That is NOT the same as the standard liberal political efforts of surrending to everybody in the world, hoping to make them like us!! :-)

I'm on the way to Lodi to see Ruth, Steve, Kevin, etc., and may stay the weekend. Zachary is not available until the 19th, so this is a good time.

Alexandra's birthday/Hairagami party is today, incidently.

Thinking and praying about you Matt. You are special, great, and I am proud and grateful to have such a fine son as Matt!!!!

Lotsa luv, Pops

Matt

Good to hear from you

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:31 am

Thanks for the kind words.

Sounds like you are catching up on some much needed rest, good for you !

Some things are not emotional, they are very real. To not fight is to give up. I have things to do, and thay must get done. I can have all the emotion in the world, or none at all. Still gotta do what I gotta do. In the end, so what ?

These are things that are measurable, and have a real and direct effect on my life, where I am, and where I am going. I was not refering to emotional struggles. Besides frustration, my life is pretty much deviod of emotion right now. That is a good thing. I don't need the diversion. No one does. I am not bored to the point of inventing problems, at least not yet. :)

Love to all,

Matt

Matt

Brian Head Utah !

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:31 pm

There is a great life to be had here.

Year 'round population: 57 people.

It is a resort full of thousands skiining the winter, and biking in the summer.

Scott and I joined the Volunteer Fire Dept. This week I started on the practical training for Firefighter 1 and 2. This is the Structure Fire stuff to augment the Wildlands training we got last year.

So, in full gear, helmet and Self Contained Breathing Aparatus I got to run through the drills. I wish I had gotten onto this stuff 20 years ago.

We even have a new $200K truck to work with ! This training is really detailed. Your hands and feet need to be in the right places at the right time, for sure. There are very many fine points that when practiced greatly reduce the risk to everyone, and decrease damage to property.

The first time I rolled on a call with Scott (he got to drive !) I could not help but think about the kids that used to play fireman.

There is a real serious side to this. Mistakes are costly.

This small town thing is a new deal for me. Fun.

More later.