Color laserjet printer

This area is for general non-family specific postings.
Berkbunch

Color laserjet printer

Post by Berkbunch » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:43 pm

After waiting for ever for the HP Laserjet 4200+ to come down in price... Scott told me to buy athe new HP 1500L

I purchased the Color laserjet printer Scott said to get at Costco for $599.99.

It is up and running with the network, but today I saw a HP 3500.
Twice the printing speed and has a draw for the paper which the
HP 1500 does not and that I don't like.

The HP 3500 is goung for just about $ 825.00 The HP 4200 now is on sale for around $ 899.00 now instead of over $ 2000.

Therefore, does anyone what to comment on this issue. Or made a suggestions on the above units or a different printer.

Thanks.

Scott

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:57 pm

HP 4200N: Price $1349.99 (Ecost.com)

Network ready HP LaserJet 4200n printer is the new standard for workgroup printing. This fast versatile 35 ppm workgroup laser printer offers high performace and crisp, clear printing at 1200 dpi at full speed. With numerous paper handling accessories, this printer can be customized for any office. The HP LaserJet 4200n printer provides office workgroups a simple, worry-free means to get their business documents on page.

Features:

increase productivity with fast 35 ppm laser printing
enjoy fast printing of complex documents with a 300 MHz process and 64 MB RAM
reduce warm up time--instant on fuser delivers first page out in less than 10 seconds
print sharp, clear laser documents at 1200 dpi at full speed
includes jetdirect 615n printer server
improve productivity and reduce manual intervention with optional additional paper trays
enjoy optional paper handling accessories such as a stapler, stacher and duplexer for two-sided printing
built with HP LaserJet reliability for simple, worry-free printing
HP Web Jetadmin enables remote installation, configuration and management from a common web browser
benefit from walk-up printing features--including private printing, proof-and-hold printing and qick copy printing
print large volumes of documents without worry with the industry's most reliable engine and a large 150K page per month duty cycle ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP 3500: Price $989.00 (Ecost.com)
Bring color into your business with the HP Color LaserJet 3500. Get affordable, vibrant color documents with the speed and ease you expect from HP.

Designed with the small business user in mind, the printer is simple to install, use and maintain.
Get great print quality every time with the printer's automatic media type sensing and print mode adjustment.
Save time and effort. With only four print supplies to order and replace, interaction with the printer is minimized.
Invest in your own business with quality color printing that allows your color printing needs to be met in-house.
Print in color as fast as black and white - at 12 pages per minute!
Includes JetDirect 10/100TX networking (external unit included in box)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP 1500L Price: $747.00 (Ecost)
The HP Entry Color LaserJet printer series delivers high quality, professional color laser documents for a great price. These easy-to-use printers are designed for home offices, small businesses, and workgroups that want a compact, networkable color laser solution for their business communication and small print run needs.

Color LaserJet 1500l Features:

16 pagers per minute black, 4 pages per minute color

Windows & Macintosh compatible

Host-based - uses computer resources for job processing

OTI4110 150MHz Processor

125-sheet multi-purpose paper tray

Hi-speed USB interface

Color LaserJet 1500 Series Features:

laser color as competitively priced as black and white—one device efficiently prints all your
business communications as well as small print runs of promotional material at 16 pages per

minute black and 4 pages per minute color

high quality color output—produces professional-looking documents with an excellent range of colors through hp ImageREt 2400 color layering technology and new toner formula

optimum consistency and reliability—hp smart printing technology and cartridge enhancements
provide more accurate supplies monitoring, remote diagnostics, and convenient internet enabled supplies ordering

save time and money—high capacity print cartridge (5,000 pages black, 4,000 pages color)
means fewer interactions with the printer

easy to use and maintain—five easy-to-change supplies, automatic top-positioning of low or
out print cartridge for easy replacement, and simple one-door access to supplies make any of these printers as simple to operate as most monochrome printers

intuitive operation—hp entry color LaserJet printer series provides easy-to-understand printer configuration and troubleshooting information through simplified control panel and hp software toolbox

compact design that is easily upgradeable—small and lightweight enough to fit on the desktop yet expands to handle your unique business needs

color printing for small workgroups—hp jetdirect print servers enable secure, reliable network printing

optional paper handling—with up to three paper trays, end users can produce the volume and variety of documents they need with less intervention.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

Scott

Post by Scott » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:03 pm

From what I am reading (see above post) it seems like the Hp 1500 uses just ONE cartridge, i.e. you have to replace ALL colors at once. I WOULD NOT OWN A PRINTER THAT HAS ONE GENERAL PURPOSE CARTRIDGE.

The HP 3500 seems like a much better printer and it comes with the network adapater.. However, if you are finding the HP 4200N (network version) for virtually the same price it seems like the best printer.

You can call HP pre-sale support and ask them also.

Take back the HP1500 if it really only has ONE cartridge!
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]