Honky-Tonk, our new cat!

Scott

Honky-Tonk, our new cat!

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:27 pm

On loan from my sister Barb we now have a white Tonkinese cat, appropriately named "Honky-Tonk". When asked to comment on her move Honky-Tonk said: "I'll trade two mean dogs for 3 nice kids any day of the week...."

Margie

Honky-Tonk and Scott

Post by Margie » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:37 pm

Scott now has Honky-Tonk who escaped just in time from the dog house. We discovered Bentley's continual slobbering, salivating problem was due to his fantasy of eating Honky for dessert. He's mad that after saving the best for last, the best has disappeared!

Matt

Honky Tonk's Big Adventure

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:56 am

Ok-- I'm spillin' the beans to the whole family-

This is how it went:

Scott and Barbara agree on the Great Kitty Exchange of 2002.

To get this beloved family member from Orinda to LA (400 miles),
They enlist the help of beloved family member Matt "he ain't doin' nuthin' anyway" Dawson.

Scott to meet Matt 1/2 way, at some Cow Joint. (Harris Ranch)

Honky Tonk likes A/C. Matt's pick-up ain't got A/C. (Matt's A/c comes in a can......)

Sooooo...Matt picks up Honky Tonk (they are old buddies, when Matt house sits for Barbara, Honky disappears for a couple days just to sweat Matt, only to return in time to leave a Present on the white carpet)

Matt uses Rich Jr's car, brings cell phone. Actaully turns phone on an hour later.

Matt and H. Tonk boogie down the road. literaly. CD player is too complex for poor old Matt, so Matt has 3 hours of Richie's rap music.

Matt likes the music( ????? ) turns it up loud. So much for hearing
the cell phone !! H. Tonk likes the music. Boogies down in car.
Puts furry little cat behind in Matt's face. No good.
Matt stops at Target for Cat Carrier.
Now H.T. is MAD. Can't boogie down in a plastic box.

H.T. yowls every 2 seconds. Keeps good beat with RAP music, but sings off-key. (so does Matt)

Cell phone Rings every 15 min or so, and laughter erupts from other side.

Scott, Barbara, and Margaret(Matt's sister) all call to hear the cat yowl in the background and laugh at Matt trapped in the car with
rap music, yowling cat, and no A/C in-a-can.

Then they call again. Just to hear the cat and laugh at Matt "Now I'm busy" Dawson.

But, Scott had a great second half of the trip.
Exept for Matt calling every 15 minutes to hear the cat yowl and Laugh at him !!

And that's the way it was.

Love to all !!

Matt
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

Scott

It's all true except...

Post by Scott » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:02 pm

Cat thinks it is being shanghied by Krafts due to quick exchange at Harris Ranch. Matt forgets litter box, so we buy jump rope as lease. Cat won't go, so holds it until Kraft house in CA.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

Jill

Honky- Tonk

Post by Jill » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:58 am

Honky- Tonk and the yawl.... She is a great cat til around 4am.. she is like having a baby in the house. ( I love babys) The cat is well loved and cared for. Alyssa cleans the litter box min after Honky dumps and I do the day to day mess. She bounces from bed to bed during the night. The only bed she doesnt sleep in is Jaclyn... as she knows that she needs a good night sleep with no interuptions. Doug and Alyssa love the interuptions. Honky is better than any alarm clock.....Barb we love her. She is great.
Jill:) :) :) :) :) :)

Margie

The Cat

Post by Margie » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:11 pm

Hi Jill - Glad you love Honky. She's a most lovable cat, but I don't care for the early morning awakenings myself, as I never go back to sleep once awakened. Barb doesn't read Kraftfam - at least I don't think so - so I shall pass on your thoughts to her.
I love your talking lips logo - that is great!!! Scott working his little head off at the River. Matt and Scott spending night here at El Gavilan tomorrow night - getting in around 8 or 9 after dropping Buz off at airport. Then I'm driving them to Oakland Airport at 6 a.m Sat. for the Vegas trip. Your boyfriend is going to be tired! (No, not that one - I mean Scott!!) :)
Love each other - and me - Margie

Matt

Holy Ansomnia ??

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:59 pm

6 am flight !!!

Margie will try to wake us up at 4am---that means only two hours of sleep! Might as well keep drinking and not go to sleep at all!!!

I haven't done that since last weekend !

Must be slowing down.......BoooooooooYaaaaaaaahh!!!
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/icons_2/so_many_women.gif[/img] ... So many women, so little time. I'm trying my best, Matt!

Scott

Talking lips.

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:34 am

Those are Yapping lips ... Jill is a yapoholic. Instead of AA meetings she has quiet time. She once lasted 3 1/2 minutes!
The cat is only getting her back at 4:00am when she starts to meooww. At least in Brian Head Honky Tonk can where ear muffs 24/7 and not look goofy.
[img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/typing_to_the_beat.gif[/img] ...what you read is not a test I'm typing to the beat... [img]http://www.kraftfam.com/images/moving_snake.gif[/img]

Matt

Ear muffs !

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:21 pm

I used to think, like, ear muffs were, well, dumb.

And, like, I still think you look dumb with 'em on your ears.

But, it, like feels good.

Cold ears are a bummer. Warm ears are where it's at.

Ask anyone who truly, truly knows. Talk about ear muffs and they just smile.

A good thing, ear muffs, yeah, a good thing. A great thing really.

Think about how empty life would be with out ear muffs.

Would you want to live the rest of your life with out ear muffs ?

If ear muffs did not exist, it would be necsessary to invent them.

I know I would. And then some liberal would pass the ear muff
law...........

Margie

Ear Muffs

Post by Margie » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:39 am

Hey Matt - That was great - a little Ogden Nash, a poem with no liquor or sex - I love it! Good job! Dougie used to refer to eavedropping as "ear-dropping". Now there's another use for ear muffs - catch the funny looking leftovers from the pre-historic ages before they drop and trip someone up. Dougie also used to call pick-pocketers purse-pickers. He was such a cute kid!
Love ya, The Little Auntie who hears too much.
Love each other - and me - Margie

Matt

Ear muffs

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:56 am

Dear All,

Margaret calls it "ear-hustling" instead of "eves-dropping" .

Really funny.

WHERE YOU AT, IFFER
WHERE YOU AT ?????

Movin' on from town to town
Don't tell me
your computer went down.

WHERE YOU AT, IFFER
WHERE YOU AT ?????

Drop a line to cousin Matt

WHERE YOU AT IFFER
WHERE YOU AT ???

Tell me about your new home
I'm callin' long distance
On the cyber-telephone

WHERE YOU AT, IFFER
WHERE YOU AT ?????

Tell me about your next track meet
Tell me about the blisters on your feet

WHERE YOU AT, IFFER
WHERE YOU AT ????

Love to all

Matt